Self Managed Superannuation Funds
The BDH Leaders Self Managed Super service offers a full suite of all the operational
and administrative needs of a SMSF.
Our service offering includes the following:
Trust Deed service
- For new Funds a complying deed is sourced from BDH Leaders’s preferred legal supplier.
- For existing Funds, the Trustees must determine whether the existing deed is complying
or not. BDH Leaders can arrange for a review service to be provided by their preferred
legal supplier to assist with this process.
- Completing application to become a regulated Fund.
- Completing ABN and TFN applications.
- Completing establishment minutes and member application documentation.
- Organising the rollover of any amounts into the Fund.
- Arranging actuarial calculations as required. Statutory obligations
- Preparing and lodging statutory annual returns.
- Lodging all statutory reporting forms.
- Preparing annual statutory financial accounts and Members' statements.
- Preparing all minutes for the Trustees to sign.
- Preparing audit work papers and liaising with the auditor of the Fund in regards
to the audit.
Fund reporting, trustee obligations and administration
- Regular Fund reporting to the Members, Trustees and any financial advisers including
reporting on investment valuations and movements.
- Advising Trustees of their upcoming obligations.
- Advising the Trustees of movements of assets outside of the investment strategy.
- Maintaining of records for each member including balances, contributions, allocation
of contributions and drawdowns to the correct components.
- Monitoring of non-standard assets to advise of need for revaluation.
- Retaining records in digital format for the mandatory 10-year period.
Taxation and audit
- Determining taxation payments for the Fund and the members.
- Preparing contribution reporting.
- Arranging for preparation and lodgment of the Fund's annual Taxation Return.
- Preparing and lodging of GST, BAS and IAS Returns as applicable.
- Preparing all Rollover documentation for the appropriate regulator.
- Preparing comprehensive work papers at year end to simplify the audit process.
Technical strategy assistance
- Preparing advice relating to the technical structuring of Funds whether in accumulation
or pension mode.
- Calculating and implementing of pensions, multiple pensions, multiple account types
- Dealing with specific issues as a result of a death or divorce.
- Providing assistance with understanding how to apply the law to personal situations.
- Taking on non-complying Funds and fixing them (if possible).
- Bringing messy Funds that are missing substantial documentation up to date.
If you would like to discuss any of these matters please contact Gede Barone, Brad Hodge
[ Back to Specialisations ]